What you need to do
The Health and Safety Executive states that wherever possible you should avoid carrying out tasks in confined spaces. Where this is not possible, you must assess the risks of the particular confined space and plan how you will control those risks.
This course is suitable for anybody who will be working in, or at, a confined space where the risk assessment has classified the confined space as low risk.
This qualification has been designed by City & Guilds to meet the requirements of Water UK and is water industry specific. It focuses on the candidate’s ability to enter and work in low risk confined spaces which have been risk assessed and designated NC1 within the Water UK Scheme.
- Prepare to enter a confined space.
- Enter and exit a confined space.
- Emergency exit from a confined space.
- Verify isolation from risk
- Establish a safety zone at the access and egress point
- Establish and maintain an appropriate communication system
- Set out and interpret atmosphere monitors
- Maintain safe working procedures for work being done
- Follow emergency procedures
On successful completion of this course, candidates will be issued with a photo ID card and a City & Guilds Certificate which is valid for 3 years.
Bury St Edmunds