What you need to do
Any person operating plant or machinery should hold the relevant qualifications and experience to deem them as competent to do so.
This course is suitable for anybody from a novice user requiring training from scratch, through to an experienced forklift truck operator requiring refresher training.
The purpose of this course is to give delegates the skills required to safely operate a Forklift Truck. It covers the Law and manual checks to ensure safety.
- Have a thorough understanding of how to successfully control and manoeuvre the vehicle
- Be able to inspect the vehicle to ensure safe use
- Understand all of the regulations required to ensure safety in the workplace
- Health & Safety at Work Act 1974
- Management of Health & Safety at Work Regulations 1999
- Provision and Use of Work Equipment Regulations 1998 (PUWER)
- Lifting Operations and Lifting Equipment Regulations 1998 (LOLER)
- Features and Safety Equipment
- Vehicle Inspection
- Correct Use of Controls
- Operating the Forklift (starting, moving, stopping and steering)
- Weight Assessment and Truck Stability
- Theory and Practical Testing
On completion of the course and successfully passing the theory and practical test, the delegates are awarded a certificate which complies with the recommendations of the Health and Safety commission approved code of practice. It is recommended that this course is refreshed every 3 years.
Duration1 Day – Refresher or Conversion 2 Days – Experienced delegate with no current certificate 3-5 Days – Novice
We can offer courses on company premises for a maximum of 3 delegates per day.