What you need to do
Any person operating plant or machinery should hold the relevant qualifications and experience to deem them as competent to do so.
This course is suitable for anybody from a novice user requiring training from scratch, through to an experienced Pendant Crane operator requiring refresher training.
The purpose of this course is to give delegates the skills required to safely operate a Pendant Crane. It covers the Law, maintenance of the crane and manual checks to ensure safety.
- Have a thorough understanding of how to successfully control and manoeuvre the vehicle
- Be able to inspect the vehicle to ensure safe use
- Understand all of the regulations required to ensure safety in the workplace
- Health & Safety at Work Act 1974
- Management of Health & Safety at Work Regulations 1999
- Provision and Use of Work Equipment Regulations 1998 (PUWER)
- Lifting Operations and Lifting Equipment Regulations 1998 (LOLER)
- Features and Safety Equipment
- Crane Inspection and Maintenance
- Correct Use of Controls
- Lift Planning
- Operating the Crane (handling the load, size of the load, attaching and moving the load)
- Weight Assessment and Truck Stability
- Understanding of Hand Signals
- Theory and Practical Testing
On completion of the course and successfully passing the theory and practical test, the delegates are awarded a certificate which complies with the recommendations of the Health and Safety commission approved code of practice. It is recommended that this course is refreshed every 3 years.
Duration1 Day – Refresher or Conversion 2 Days - Novice
We can offer courses on your company premises for a maximum of 3 delegates per day.