approx. £65 per person
[reduced from £165]
At your Premises
call for price
Training at your Premises
– Dates to suit you, please call.
• Upcoming dates, please get in contact for more details
- Successful delegates will receive a certificate in Emergency First Aid at Work.
- Valid for 3 years.
- Annual refresher training is recommended by the HSE.
- First aid training in Ipswich at our training centre
- At your premises
What you need to do
The Health and Safety Executive states that every employer must make appropriate first aid arrangements for the workplace. In doing so you should consider the circumstances of your workplace, workforce and the health and safety risks that may be present. For more information click here.
You should ensure that you have a sufficient number of First Aiders. The number of First Aiders should be proportional to the risk profile of your business.
When planning the number of First Aiders you should also consider periods of absence, remember that your First Aiders may go on holiday, be away from work ill, or be on maternity leave, ensure that you have a sufficient number of First Aid trained personnel to cover this. Additionally you should ensure that you have a sufficient number of First Aiders to cover shift work.
This course is suitable for anyone who requires basic knowledge of Emergency First Aid, no prior knowledge of first aid is required.
Delegates must be at least 16 years of age for certification. If the delegate is under 16 and would like to attend the Emergency First Aid course then a certificate of attendance can be issued.
The purpose of this Emergency First Aid course is to give delegates an understanding of how to provide basic cpr and life saving first aid treatment in the workplace, at home, and in public.
You will leave the first aid training course with an increased confidence in what to do in emergency situations.
- Understand the Health & Safety Regulations.
- Be able to administer basic first aid.
- Be able to administer CPR (Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation).
- Be able to use an AED (Automated External Defibrillation).
- Understand what to do and what not to do in an emergency situation.
- Be able to maintain and use the first aid box and understand its contents.
- Be able to keep accurate records of incidents in the log book.
- Be confident in an Emergency First Aid situation.
The course covers a broad range of basic life saving, CPR, and First Aid topics. If you require the trainer to cover a specific area then please mention this when booking.
- Health & Safety First Aid Regulations.
- The role of the First Aider.
- Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) and Automated External Defibrillation (AED).
- Catastrophic Bleeding (this is risk rated so will be taught if required).
- Eye Injuries.
- Burns and Scalds.
- Broken Bones.
- Heart Attacks and Strokes.
- Anaphylaxis and Epi pens
- Seizures / Epilepsy.
- First Aid Kits.
- RIDDOR Regulations.
- Accident Recording.
Emergency First Aid Training in Ipswich
You can attend this first aid course in Ipswich at our training centre located close to Ipswich Marina.
Emergency First Aid Training at your Premsies
If you would prefer we can come to you to train. We carry out training througout Suffolk, Essex, London, Norfolk, and the rest of the United Kingdom.
We hold public training for you to attend at various dates throughout the month. This first aid course is held at our training centre in Ipswich. Please get in contact to find out dates.
We can also attend your premises to carry out first aid training. This training is carried out on a date to suit you.
Other First Aid Courses
We offer a range of other First Aid courses to suit your needs, not all are listed on this website so please get in contact if you require further information.
To access our other popular first aid courses please click here.
More information from the HSE on First Aid
To read more about what the HSE have to say in regard to First aid please click here.