What you need to do
The Health and Safety Executive states that you must ensure that your workers receive appropriate training on procedures that they need to follow, including fire drills. Persons are also required to know what fire extinguishers can be used safely on the different types of fire.
This course is suitable for people with responsibility for fire safety in the workplace, as well as line managers, supervisors and safety representatives.
The purpose of this course is to give delegates an understanding of fire safety in the workplace and to make them competent Fire Marshals.
- Understand the Fire Safety Order.
- Understand the basic fire hazards and risks in the workplace.
- Be able to put into place measures to minimise fire risks.
- Understand the different types of fire fighting equipment and when to use it.
- Be able to use fire equipment to put out basic fires.
- Regulatory Reform Fire Safety Order.
- Basic principles of fire safety.
- Classifications of fires.
- Common causes and consequences of fires in the workplace.
- Fire risk assessments and emergency planning.
- General fire precautions and prevention.
- Fire detection, fire warning and fire fighting equipment.
- Emergency evacuation procedures.
- Fire extinguishers – types, classifications, checks and colour coding.
- Practical demonstration of fire extinguishers.
Certificates of attendance will be awarded to delegates upon completion of the course.
– At your premises or – Upcoming open courses in your local area