What you need to do
First Aiders require requalification training every 3 years in order to remain qualified first aiders. This requalification training must be attended no later than 28 days after the expiry date on the original certificate.
This course is suitable for anyone who needs to renew a valid First Aid at Work certificate.
The purpose of this course is to update and refresh delegates with the practical skills needed by first aiders in the workplace and to give them the confidence and knowledge in dealing with emergency situations.
- Understand the Health & Safety Regulations.
- Be able to administer first aid.
- Understand what to do and what not to do in an emergency situation.
- Be able to maintain and use the first aid box and understand its contents.
- Be able to keep accurate records of incidents in the log book.
- Health & Safety First Aid Regulations.
- The role of the First Aider and administering first aid.
- Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) and Automated External Defibrillation (AED).
- Catastrophic Bleeding (this is risk rated so will be taught if required).
- Head Injuries.
- Airway and Breathing Problems.
- Circulation Problems.
- Wounds and Bleeding.
- Poisons, Burns, and Scalds.
- Injuries to Bones, Muscles and Joints.
- Spinal Injuries.
- Effects of Heat and Cold.
- Diabetes, Epilepsy, Seizures, and Febrile Convulsions.
- The Respiratory System.
- First Aid Kits.
- RIDDOR Regulations.
- Accident Recording
Successful delegates will receive an Award in First Aid at Work certificate. The certificates are valid for 3 years and the delegates will need to attend a 2 day re-qualification to remain qualified.
• At your premises or
• Upcoming open courses in your local area