What you need to do
Health & Safety Awareness training is a great way to give personnel an understanding of health and safety hazads in the workplace.
The Health and Safety Executive states that the law requires you to provide whatever information, instruction, training and supervision as is necessary to ensure, so far as is reasonably practicable the health and safety at work of your employees.
Health & Safety Awareness training can be adapted depending on the industry that you work in. This course is for those who have entered, or are about to enter the construction and civil engineering industry as a member of the workforce, to help them understand the potential hazards that they face at work on site. It provides a practical summary of Health & Safety, welfare, and environmental issues, identifying an individuals responsibilities for looking after themselves and others, what the employer’s duties are and what should be done if they think anyone’s health and safety is being put at risk.
The purpose of Health & Safety Awareness training is to ensure that individual responsibilities are understood; why they are carrying out their individual duties and what is expected of them and to ensure that they contribute to the safety of the workplace.
- Understand the need to prevent accidents.
- Have and understanding of Health & Safety Law.
- Identify how their role fits into the control and management of the site.
- Understand the need for risk assessments and method statements.
- Appreciate the need to perform safely and to stop and ask for advice if not sure.
- Feel obliged to report unsafe acts to prevent an accident.
- General Responsibilities.
- Accident reporting and recording.
- Health and welfare.
- Dust and Fumes (respiratory risks).
- Manual handling.
- Personal Protective Equipment (PPE).
- Emergency Procedures and First Aid.
- Fire prevention and control.
- Hazardous substances.
- Electrical safety.
- Hand-held tools and Equipment.
- Noise and Vibration.
- Site transport safety.
- Excavations and confined spaces.
- Safety signs and signals.
Health & Safety Awareness training Certificates of attendance will be awarded to delegates upon completion of the course.
– At your premises or – Upcoming open courses in your local area