What you need to do
The Health and Safety Executive states that to use a ladder you need to be competent, i.e. have had instruction and understand how to use the equipment safely.
This course is suitable for anyone who frequently uses ladders or stepladders in their day-to-day duties and those who supervise others using this equipment.
The purpose of this couse is to give delegates the knowledge of how to use ladders and stepladders safely.
- Have a thorough understanding of the regulations in the workplace
- Be able to use, store, and check ladders and stepladders for safe use.
- Working at Height Regulations.
- Health and Safety at Work Act 1974.
- When to use a Ladder or Stepladder.
- Risk Assessment.
- Using Ladders and Stepladders Safely.
- Hazards in the use of Ladders and Stepladders.
- Storage and Handling of Ladders and Stepladders.
- Practical Inspection and Fault Identification.
On completion of the course delegates are awarded a certificate of ladder and stepladder training. It is recommended that this course is refreshed every 3 years.
At your premises