What you need to do
Manual Handling training helps to ensure that employees hold relevant knowledge to carry out manual handling tasks safely.
The Health and Safety Executive states that every employer must ensure that all persons have sufficient information and knowledge to carry out a task safely.
Manual Handling training is suitable for anyone who wants to know essential information to assist them with moving and handling loads.
The purpose of the course is to give delegates an understanding into how Manual Handling can cause injuries if not correctly undertaken and to teach the correct methods of Manual Handling to reduce harm.
- Understand the Health & Safety Regulations.
- Understand the principles of safe Manual Handling.
- Be able to apply these principles to their own working environment.
- Introduction to Manual Handling
- Manual Handling and the Law.
- The Musculoskeletal System
- Spinal Movements
- Mechanics of movement.
- Types of manual handling injuries.
- Risk Assessment.
- Controlling measures for reducing the risk of harm.
- Principles of safer handling.
Certificates of attendance will be awarded to delegates upon completion of the course.
• At your premises
• Upcoming open courses in your local area